The Anchorage Museum shares the stories of Alaska and the North - stories about Northern resilience, diversity and innovation that weave together social, political, cultural, scientific, historical and artistic threads. Explore the diversity of Alaska Native cultures, including masterworks of Alaska Native art and design from the collections of the Smithsonian Institution. Our visitors tell us the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center is the best place to start or end their visit to Alaska because we provide a context for all they will see or have seen while in the state.
The Anchorage Museum offers complimentary tours of the Alaska Exhibition and the Smithsonian Arctic Studies Center, May-September, depending on staff and volunteer availability.
Make your group's visit one to remember with a private, docent-led tour through the museum’s galleries. Tours must be scheduled two weeks in advance. Cost is $200 plus price of admission for groups of up to 20 people. Tours are subject to availability. E-mail email@example.com to schedule or for more information.
Individual and group tour admissions may be scheduled in advance by contacting our Tourism and Group Sales department at (907) 929-9230 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage Museum school programs foster knowledge through discovery. Learn more here.
- Please provide a minimum of two weeks advance notice before a visit. E-mail tour dates/times to the tourism and group sales manager.
- Please contact visitor services if a group will be more than 30 minutes late. (907) 929-9263.
- Drivers/guides receive free admission.
- Drivers/operators are responsible for registering at the front desk upon arrival.
- Limited motorcoach parking is available along 7th Avenue between A and C Streets.
- Museum visitor services staff will gladly assist tour operators with questions. E-mail or contact the tourism and group sales manager at (907) 929-9230 or visitor services at (907) 929-9263.
- FAM tours are available. E-mail or contact tourism and group sales manager to arrange, (907) 929-9230.
- Drivers/operators are encouraged to visit the museum as often as they wish free of charge. Please bring employment identification.
- The museum recommends at least 2 hours for your visit.
For more information contact the tourism and group sales manager at (907) 929-9230 or E-mail.