The Anchorage Museum has created a home edition of the Science Passport that uses the important science skills of observation, thoughtful questioning, and experimentation to learn more about the world around the home. This lesson plan asks students to use objects found inside drawers in creative ways.
Questions are designed for preschool through 3rd grades, but the activities can be easily adapted for K-12.
- Identify similarities among a set of objects by sorting them into multiple categories
- Think creatively to invent something using found objects
- Develop fine motor skills by building a tower
- Use data sheets to make and record observations
- Think critically and support answers with evidence