Our visitors tell us the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center is the best place to start or end their visit to Alaska because we provide a context for all they will see or have seen while in the state.
- Largest museum in Alaska
- One of the Top 10 places visitors go in Alaska
- Docent-led tours capture Alaska's spirit
- Exciting displays offer 10,000 years of Alaska history and quintessential Alaska art
- Voted one of the best places to buy authentic Alaska Native art
Oct. 1 – Apr. 30
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday
Noon to 6 p.m. Sunday
May 1 – Sept. 30
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day
Free docent-led tours are offered several times daily during the summer season. Private docent-led tours are available upon request. For more information contact the sales and marketing manager.
- When possible we ask tour groups to give at least two weeks advance notice before a visit. E-mail tour dates to sales and marketing manager.
- Please contact visitor services staff if a group will be more than 30 minutes late. (907) 929-9263.
- Drivers/guides receive free admission.
- Drivers/operators are responsible for registering at the group sales counter upon arrival.
- Limited coach parking is available along 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue between A and C Street.
- Museum visitor services staff will gladly assist tour operators with questions. E-mail or contact visitor services manager at (907) 929-9254.
- FAM tours are available beginning in April. E-mail or contact sales and marketing manager to arrange, (907) 929-9230.
- Drivers/operators are encouraged to visit the museum as often as they wish free of charge. Please bring employment identification.
- The museum recommends at least 2 hours for your visit.
It is the responsibility of the tour driver/operator to inform all visitors of the museum's rules and regulations.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the museum's galleries.
- Large bags and backpacks must be secured in museum lockers.
- Cell phones should be turned off in galleries.
- Please consult signs before taking photographs or video as some restrictions apply.
For more information contact the sales and marketing manager at (907) 929-9230 or e-mail.