Our visitors tell us the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center is the best place to start or end their visit to Alaska because we provide a context for all they will see or have seen while in the state.
- Largest museum in Alaska
- One of the Top 10 places visitors go in Alaska
- Docent-led tours capture Alaska's spirit
- Exciting displays offer 10,000 years of Alaska history and quintessential Alaska art
- Voted one of the best places to buy authentic Alaska Native art
The tours listed below are currently unavailable due to COVID-19 precautions
Make your group's visit one to remember with a private, docent-led tour through the museum’s galleries. Tours need to be scheduled two weeks in advance. Cost is $150 per docent for up to 20 people per tour. Tours are subject to availability. E-mail email@example.com to schedule or for more information.
VISITING HOURS - altered schedule due to covid-19
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all individual and group tour admissions are scheduled in advance through online reservations or by contacting our Tourism and Group Sales department at (907) 929-9230 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The museum will be operating with limited hours Wednesday-Saturday in June.
- Please provide a minimum of two weeks advance notice before a visit. E-mail tour dates/times to the tourism and group sales manager.
- Please contact visitor services if a group will be more than 30 minutes late. (907) 929-9263.
- Drivers/guides receive free admission.
- Drivers/operators are responsible for registering at the front desk upon arrival.
- Limited coach parking is available along 7th Avenue between A and C Street.
- Museum visitor services staff will gladly assist tour operators with questions. E-mail or contact the tourism and group sales manager at (907) 929-9230 or visitor services at (907) 929-9263.
- FAM tours are available. E-mail or contact tourism and group sales manager to arrange, (907) 929-9230.
- Drivers/operators are encouraged to visit the museum as often as they wish free of charge. Please bring employment identification.
- The museum recommends at least 2 hours for your visit.
It is the responsibility of the tour driver/operator to inform all visitors of the museum's rules and regulations:
- Review our safe visit guidelines when planning your visit
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the museum's galleries.
- Large bags and backpacks must be secured in museum lockers.
- Cell phones should be turned off in galleries.
- Please consult signs before taking photographs or video as some restrictions apply.
For more information contact the tourism and group sales manager at (907) 929-9230 or e-mail.