Our visitors tell us the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center is the best place to start or end their visit to Alaska because we provide a context for all they will see or have seen while in the state.
- Largest museum in Alaska
- One of the Top 10 places visitors go in Alaska
- Docent-led tours capture Alaska's spirit
- Exciting displays offer 10,000 years of Alaska history and quintessential Alaska art
- Voted one of the best places to buy authentic Alaska Native art
Make your group's visit one to remember with a private, docent-led tour through the museum’s galleries. Tours must be scheduled two weeks in advance. Cost is $150 per docent for up to 20 people per tour. Tours are subject to availability. E-mail email@example.com to schedule or for more information.
Individual and group tour admissions may be scheduled in advance through online reservations or by contacting our Tourism and Group Sales department at (907) 929-9230 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please provide a minimum of two weeks advance notice before a visit. E-mail tour dates/times to the tourism and group sales manager.
- Please contact visitor services if a group will be more than 30 minutes late. (907) 929-9263.
- Drivers/guides receive free admission.
- Drivers/operators are responsible for registering at the front desk upon arrival.
- Limited coach parking is available along 7th Avenue between A and C Street.
- Museum visitor services staff will gladly assist tour operators with questions. E-mail or contact the tourism and group sales manager at (907) 929-9230 or visitor services at (907) 929-9263.
- FAM tours are available. E-mail or contact tourism and group sales manager to arrange, (907) 929-9230.
- Drivers/operators are encouraged to visit the museum as often as they wish free of charge. Please bring employment identification.
- The museum recommends at least 2 hours for your visit.
It is the responsibility of the tour driver/operator to inform all visitors of the museum's rules and regulations:
- Review our safe visit guidelines when planning your visit
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the museum's galleries.
- Large bags and backpacks must be secured in museum lockers.
- Cell phones should be turned off in galleries.
- Please consult signs before taking photographs or video as some restrictions apply.
For more information contact the tourism and group sales manager at (907) 929-9230 or e-mail.