CANCELED // Teen Earth Optimism Summit
This event has ended. It was scheduled for 3/14/2020.
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 14SEED Lab, Anchorage Museum // 109 West 6th Avenue
UPDATE: The Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC, has cancelled its Earth Optimism Summit scheduled for Saturday, March 14. We also have cancelled our affiliated event scheduled at the museum. We are not aware of any Earth Optimism Summit event rescheduling at this time but will share information as we receive it from the Smithsonian.
Calling teens ages 13-17 who want to make our home planet a better place. You are invited to collaborate with the Smithsonian Institution and the Anchorage Museum to address climate change in Anchorage and propose youth-led solutions.
What to expect at the Summit:
- Meet other local teens interested in sustainability and addressing climate change
- Listen to a panel discussion by teens who are taking steps to improve water, climate and environment
- Connect with local experts working on different climate change solutions in Anchorage
- Work together to develop and propose a project that can help address climate change, which Anchorage Museum representatives will present at the Smithsonian’s Earth Optimism Summit in Washington, D.C., April 23-25
- Be empowered to be climate leaders and make positive change
The Teen Earth Optimish Summit is made possible by a grant from