The Anchorage Museum has created a home edition of the Science Passport that uses the important science skills of: observation, thoughtful questioning and experimentation to learn more about the world around the home. This lesson plan examines the study of Phenology through the world outside the window This lesson provides activites to become a Citizen Scientist and collect data that can be shared with with the National Phenology Network.
- Understand the study of Phenology as a way to understand seasonal changes in the local environment
- Identify local plants and animals
- Use data sheets to make and record observations
- Think critically and support answers with evidence
- Engage in citizen science