The Teen Studio is a group of young leaders who advise, inspire and shape how we build community at the museum and beyond. The all-teen cohort meets twice a month to create and discuss art, and learn about careers in the arts.
Now accepting applications for the 2017/18 school year. The Anchorage Museum is looking for passionate, innovative high school-aged students to be a part of our Teen Studio. We need your voices, ideas and creativity. You don’t need to have a portfolio or years of experience in art, just a passion for learning new things and exercising new creative skills. We are looking for teens who are enthusiastic about something creative: doodling, blogging, comedy, sports, writing, music, photography, fashion, theater—anything!
What do I get out of this experience? First and foremost, you’ll have fun and make new friends. But besides that, Teen Studio members receive:
• Robust experience in art creation, art management and teamwork
• Access to art materials and instruction
• Instruction and guidance from professional artists and curators
• Help developing an artist’s portfolio of your work
• A letter of recommendation for college, scholarships, and jobs
• Help editing college or scholarship essays
• Support developing professional skills such as writing, public speaking, digital/web design, and managing public projects
How do I apply? Fill out the application below. Applications are due Sept. 15. We’ll set up a time to chat with you after you apply, so that we can learn more about you and you can learn more about the program.