The Teen Advisory Council is a group of young leaders who advise, inspire and shape how we build community at the museum and beyond. The Anchorage Museum is looking for passionate, innovative high school-aged students to be a part of our Teen Advisory Council. We need your voices, ideas and creativity. The all-teen cohort meets regularly throughout the 2018/19 school year to create and discuss art and community, while influencing and designing programming.
You don’t need to have a portfolio or years of experience in art, just a passion for learning new things and exercising new creative skills. We are looking for teens who are leaders in their own ways and passionate about impacting the community!
Teen Advisory Council members will:
- Have fun!
- Connect with other teens and make friends.
- Learn about and influence public programming at the Anchorage Museum.
- Cultivate understanding of art’s role in society and community in the past and today.
- Gain access to museum professionals and learn about museum careers.
- Learn about professional development opportunities and participate in museum events.
- Be trained in gallery hosting.
- Develop professional skills such as writing, public speaking and managing public projects.
- Add great experience to their resumes and college applications.
Now accepting applications for the 2018/19 school year
The application period is currently open. Applicants will be contacted for interviews as TAC spots are limited. To apply, click here.