TOUR OPERATOR INFORMATION
WHY BRING YOUR GUESTS TO THE ANCHORAGE MUSEUM?
Our visitors tell us the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center is the best place to start or end their visit to Alaska because we provide a context for all they will see or have seen while in the state.
- Largest museum in Alaska
- One of the Top 10 places visitors go in Alaska
- Docent-led tours capture Alaska's spirit
- Exciting displays offer 10,000 years of Alaska history and quintessential Alaska art
- Voted one of the best places to buy authentic Alaska Native art
Oct. 1 – Apr. 30
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday
Noon to 6 p.m. Sunday
May 1 – Sept. 30
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day
Free docent-led tours are offered several times daily during the summer season. Private docent-led tours are available upon request. For more information contact the sales and marketing manager.
- When possible we ask tour groups to give at least two weeks advance notice before a visit. E-mail tour dates to sales and marketing manager.
- Please contact visitor services staff if a group will be more than 30 minutes late. (907) 929-9263.
- Drivers/guides receive free admission.
- Drivers/operators are responsible for registering at the group sales counter upon arrival.
- Limited coach parking is available along 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue between A and C Street.
- Museum visitor services staff will gladly assist tour operators with questions. E-mail or contact visitor services manager at (907) 929-9254.
- FAM tours are available beginning in April. E-mail or contact sales and marketing manager to arrange, (907) 929-9230.
- Drivers/operators are encouraged to visit the museum as often as they wish free of charge. Please bring employment identification.
- The museum recommends at least 2 hours for your visit.
It is the responsibility of the tour driver/operator to inform all visitors of the museum's rules and regulations.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the museum's galleries.
- Large bags and backpacks must be secured in museum lockers.
- Cell phones should be turned off in galleries.
- Please consult signs before taking photographs or video as some restrictions apply.
For more information contact the sales and marketing manager at (907) 929-9230 or e-mail.